How Are You Going With All The Facebook Changes?
I know it can seem like so much to take in when Facebook makes a big change, like they did on February 29!
I have been in the US this past week for Yanik Silver’s Underground Online Seminar in Washington DC, as well as a session with Fabienne Frederickson in NYC, so I have had plenty of opportunity to see what people think of the new changes. Overwhelmingly, it seems most people are positive and I am too.
Some quick tips you need to know right now are:
- You have until March 31 to upgrade your Facebook Page to the new Timeline for Pages format
- You can also update your Page now to Timeline and in order to make the most of it, you should upload a new Cover Photo Image (this is 851w x 315h) and ideally it will feature an image that represents your brand
- Your smaller Profile Picture is 180×180 and should feature a logo or your website address
- Your Custom Tab still displays, but you cannot direct new Likers to them anymore. Everyone will access your Tab either direct from your Timeline (it is in a feature box below the Cover Photo), or direct from Ads. Make sure you add a new image to your App so this displays on your Timeline. This can be done by clicking on the App in Edit Page and uploading an image 111w x 74h – add a great call to action too as this is great exposure
- You can Pin Page Posts to the top of your Timeline for a maximum of 7 days (just click on the pencil icon on the top right and select Pin to Page to highlight a post with a link to your Custom Tab or an opt-in page on your website)
There are plenty more ways to take advantage of the new changes, especially using Facebook Ads. Stay tuned because I will be sending out details of a webinar I will be hosting next week that will run through all the changes in detail and how you can make the most of them!
In the meantime, if you missed joining my Facebook Ads Group Coaching program in February, the good news is it is on again in March. Just click here to find out more and register. I had some great feedback from the first group, and I just know you can get some great results with your Facebook Ad campaigns too.
Got questions? Let me know what’s got you stuck here.