Now that the new Facebook Timeline Profiles have well and truly arrived, you really need to give some thought into how your Facebook Ads will look in this new layout. Not that they will always be displayed on the Timeline layout (Home and Pages still show Ads as normal), but I have prepared a few quick tips to help you make the most out of the new layout.
1. Make sure you use colourful photos of people as these seem to stand out most on the new busier blue background of the Timeline profile. The best thing is that these also work well on the original profiles too. Check out how much more impact the colour face pic has in the ad below.
2. Try not to use white backgrounds in the images as these can look too much like the rest of the timeline layout. Although white images with minimal text could work well, in the examples below, the images are either too small or too cluttered with text. Be careful to make sure the white is very clean and stark and not greyish.
3. Your Headline and Body Copy will be more disjointed in the Timeline layout, so make sure each of these elements stands alone, conveying your call to action without the headline flowing into the body copy.
4. You cannot preview your ad on the new Timeline profile when you create it in the Ads Manager as the preview still shows you the original format. This means you should be paying attention to how other ads appear in the Timeline and taking note of what pops and what doesn’t.
5. Most of all, as always you will need to test, test, test!
If you didn’t make it to my webinar with Amy Porterfield last week, you really missed out. She shared some of her best secrets and those who showed up took a ton of notes and had some great actionable takeaways.
Unfortunately, my voice on the recording failed to get picked up in the audio so I haven’t sent it out. Instead, I have posted the link to the recorded version below for those of you who are ready for some great advice about using Facebook for more traffic, leads and sales from my good friend Amy Porterfield.
Just Click Here to register.
And if you are ready for a great program at a really reasonable price, just Click Here to go straight to the sales page.
I hope you’ve done your Christmas shopping by now and you’ve been enjoying some Christmas cheer! It looks set to be a very warm Christmas Day here in Melbourne, and I’m looking forward to celebrating with family and friends. My two little girls are very excited to see what Santa will be bringing them! Enjoy the rest of your week.